Thursday 30 July 2020
Elections this year. How are you getting to the Polling booth? For me it’s just a 5 minute drive up the road. I think results will be exciting. I’ve been watching our local campaigns (Whangarei) and I remain undecided on the candidate vote. I read what people say and watch to see what they do.
Monday 13 July 2020
What a busy past few weeks. We have been having Zoom Meeting discussions with Lisa from Mental Health Foundation NZ regarding an educational resource: Business Loss – and the Mental Health impact. We have been busy with ‘clients.’ and have now brought in our sister Facebook Group page ‘Wow Disability.’ We have written a post on our blog. Please join the facebook group even to learn more about disabilities, mental health, etc.
Saturday 23 May 2020
Still more info to be posted on to this website. What we don’t have online – we do have in hard copy. But the most important information is up.
Tuesday 19 May 2020
In discussion with different people regarding targeted professional learning for Business Organisations, Business Associations = mental health, business advice, regional economy revitilisation
New Economic Arm to be incorporated into the work of Business Crisis Support NZ.
Tuesday 12 May 2020
A different approach will be taken with our Research for Change Project.
Monday 27 April 2020
Covid-19 Alert Level 3 – What you can and can’t do – 60 questions answered (from ‘Stuff’ website)
Terms of Reference for upcoming Research for change project – Revitalising Northland’s economy Update Tues 12 May 2020 new approach being taken.
Email sent to the NZ Mental Health Assn, DPA Disabled Persons Assembly NZ Head Office and their Policy Writing group, Ministry of Health, MBIE, and the Commerce Commission seeking solutions and making them aware of some of the disturbing trends we have been seeing, working on the frontline. We are drafting a separate letter to the Human Rights Commission.
Wednesday 15 April 2020
Covid 19 Tax changes to support businesses. Legislation to be drafted up. Input sought.
NZ Govt’s response: Relief package for small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs). Let us know what you think.
The new measures include:
- $3.1 billion tax loss carry-back scheme (estimated cost over the next two years)
- $60 million estimated annual savings to business each year from changes to the tax loss continuity rules
- $25 million in the next 12 months for further business consultancy support
- Greater flexibility for affected businesses affected to meet their tax obligations
- Measures to support commercial tenants and landlords
Please click here:
For the latest updates on the economic impact of Covid19 go to the Treasury website:
Monday 13 April 2020
Tuesday 14 April 2020 – Fiona Green – Zoom Meeting with North Shore New Zealand Labour Party Candidate Romy Udanga re: Covid 19 and SME’s. Romy is also the Chair for the NZ Labour Party’s Multicultural sector.
UPDATE: We are waiting until Grant Robertson has announced the Govt’s Economic package on Thursday and we will have our Zoom meeting after that.
Monday 5 April 2020
- People can now comment on our ‘Blog.’ All comments are moderated and approved by Admin.
- Continuing with a few tweaks on our website.
- We will post an Article about the recent NZ Mental Health Conference, held at Christchurch Town Hall, 16 March 2020, and 17 March 2020. It was hosted by the Australian and NZ Mental Health Association. Friend and fellow Campaigner Lisa Cowe and I were presenters at this Conference. Lisa spoke about Bankruptcy and the Impact on Mental Health, I spoke about the psychological price of business loss – the disconnect and the human cost.
- To be accepted as a Presenter, we had to write an abstract which had to be approved by the Australia and New Zealand Mental Health Assn Panel. We succeeded out of 103 applicants.